Chicago Department of Transportation - Traffic Engineer IV
Address 30 N. LaSalle Street, 4th Floor
Job Location Chicago, Illinois
Under general supervision performs and provides oversight in the conduct of professional traffic/transportation engineering work related to the design of streets, traffic control devices and the regulation and flow of all roadway users and performs related duties as required.
- Serves as a key project engineer, responsible for the design and implementation of safety, operational and equipment upgrades to a network of over 3,000 traffic signals.
- Oversees engineering consultant contracts to prepare project design reports and detailed traffic signal design plans.
- Determines scope and cost estimate of traffic signal improvements for both design and construction contracts.
- Designs complex timing sequences using computer software and reviews and approves designs prepared by staff and/or consultant engineering firms.
- Coordinates traffic signal installation projects with other City departments and utilities.
- Confers with construction managers on plan changes and contract modifications and assists in resolving problems that arise during construction.
- Acts as a liaison between the department and other government agencies (e.g., Illinois Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, and Chicago Transit Authority) to coordinate traffic engineering projects.
- Conducts field surveys on arterial streets to perform observations and collect data on traffic patterns, multimodal use, volume, speed, capacity, crashes and parking.
Closing Date August 31, 2017
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. - Traffic Engineer
Address Two Pierce Place, Suite 1400, Itasca, IL 60143
Job Location Itasca, Illinois
This position requires a B.S. in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of traffic engineering and design experience. This position requires a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to successfully complete traffic engineering assignments and work closely with senior staff. The candidate must possess a demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in the application of traffic operational studies.
The traffic engineer would perform traffic impact studies, signal warrant studies, traffic signal design, traffic analysis, computer simulation and animation, traffic safety analysis, and traffic calming design. The candidate should have experience and knowledge with HCS, Synchro, VISSIM (desirable) and/or other traffic analysis software applications as well as Microstation. Strong communication, presentation and writing skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere are essential.
Compensation Commensurate with experience.
Job Contact Kyle E. Mishler, Director of Operations
Looking for a job? The Illinois ITE website allows job-seekers to advertise their resumes on this page. If interested in uploading your resume onto our website, please email a pdf of your resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and number of years of experience in the email subject line. Resumes will stay on the website for 1 month.