Chicago Department of Transportation - Civil Engineer III
Address 30 N. LaSalle Street, 4th Floor
Job Location Chicago, Illinois
Under general supervision performs fully functional professional civil engineering work of moderate complexity related to construction, maintenance and design of various infrastructure and building projects; and performs related duties as required.
- Reviews Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) reports and documents including Bridge Condition Reports (BCR), Project Development Reports (PDRs), Type Size and Location (TSL) plans.
- Attend weekly Construction review meetings
- Assists Bridge PRoject Manager in overseeing scope, schedule and budget of design engineering consultants
- Oversees design review meetings
- Represents City at community meetings to address impacts from planned projects
- Coordinates with utilities and other City agencies throughout design process to coordinate work and avoid conflicts
- Reviews invoices related to bridge projects
- Performs related duties as required.
Closing Date October 11, 2017